Michigan Turf Grass Environmental Stewardship Program
Oakland County Parks has partnered with the Michigan Turfgrass Environmental Stewardship Program (Mtesp.org) to increase environmental stewardship and water quality management at several Oakland County Park Golf Courses.
Components of the Golf Course Program include:
- Compliance with environmental laws & regulations.
- Reduced herbicide and fertilizer applications.
- Environmentally–sensitive course design.
- Green Purchasing, Energy Conservation & Waste Reduction.
- Wildlife corridors, no-mow zones and prescribed burns.
Glen Oaks, Groveland Oaks and Lyon Oaks Golf Courses participate. Groveland Oaks is the first park in Michigan to be environmentally certified by the Michigan Turfgrass Environmental Stewardship Program.
Oakland County Parks is working with the Retired Engineers Technical Assistance Foundation in conducting energy audits at all park facilities in order to improve and maintain green efforts.