2015 Oakland County Parks VIP Meet and Greet with Peyton List
Sponsored by Oakland County Parks and Recreation
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. VOID OUTSIDE MICHIGAN AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
2. Contest Overview: Oakland County Parks and Recreation (“OCPR”) is sponsoring a Contest for Michigan Residents for a free VIP Meet and Greet with Peyton List at Red Oaks Waterpark (“Contest”). This Contest is governed by these official rules (“Official Rules”). One grand prize winner will be randomly selected. All interpretations of the Official Rules and decisions relating to the Contest made by OCPR are final.
3. Registration Period: Contest registration period commences at 9 a.m. AM ET on Wednesday, Aug. 5, 2015, and ends at 5 p.m. PM ET on Thursday, Aug. 6 p.m. 2015. (“Registration Period”).
4. Eligibility: The Contest is open to Michigan Residents who are 18 years or older at the time of entry during the Registration Period (“Participants”). OCPR employees, their immediate family members, and any member of their household are not eligible to enter or win the Contest.
5. Participation: By participating in this Contest, Participants: (1) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretations of these Official Rules by OCPR; (2) agree to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations, and the Official Rules; (3) agree to be bound by the decisions of OCPR regarding the Contest; and (4) acknowledge that this Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
By participating in this Contest, Participants also agree to indemnify, hold harmless, and release OCPR, Facebook, and any entity involved in the creation, operation, or fulfillment of the Contest and their respective agents, employees, elected officials, officers, directors, successors and assigns from and against all claims, injuries, or damages arising out of or relating to participation in the Contest; the use, misuse, or redemption of the prizes; and for any claim, including claims based on defamation, publicity rights, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement, or any other intellectual property related cause of action.
6. To Enter: Participants may “LIKE AND SHARE” the “Win a VIP Meet and Greet with Peyton List” post published on the Oakland County Parks and Recreation Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ocparks. In addition to using the “LIKE AND SHARE option, Participants will be required to provide their first name and phone number to Oakland County Parks and Recreation through direct message on Facebook.
7. Prizes: There will be one grand prize winner (collectively called “Winner”).
The grand prize winner will be awarded two (2) day admission passes to the park and the first in line spot to meet Peyton List, passes valued at $18 each, totaling $36.
OCPR reserves the right to substitute prizes and to award additional prizes to other Participants other than the Winners.
All applicable taxes and any other costs and expenses associated with acceptance and use of prize not specifically provided for in these Official Rules, are solely the Winners’ responsibility.
8. Selection and Notification: The Winners will be randomly selected among all of the eligible entries. OCPR reserves the right to select alternative Winners if any potential Winner fails to comply with these Official Rules.
The Winners will be notified by Thursday, Aug. 6, 2015 by phone and will be asked to provide their first name and name of attendees. Winners who do not reply to the phone call within 24 hours of such notification will forfeit their prize. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are nonassignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed by Winners. Prizes are not redeemable for cash.
Submission of an entry grants OCPR the right, except where prohibited by law, to use the Participants name, likeness, picture, address (city and state only), voice, biographical information and written or oral statements, for promotional purposes in promoting or publicizing OCPR and its products or services, without compensation unless required by law.
9. Winner Verification: To be eligible to be declared a Winner and to receive a prize, the potential Winner(s) must sign, within five (5) days of receipt, an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release. This Affidavit and Release will: (1) release Oakland County from any and all liability, loss, claims, demands, and causes of action relating to participating in this Contest; and (2) will grant OCPR the right to use the Winners’ name, picture and/or likeness, or biographical information for publicity purposes, in any media now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity without additional compensation or consideration or notification. The Affidavit will require Winners to prove eligibility for the Contest (proof of age, residence, and identity), which may include submitting a copy of a birth certificate, driver’s license, passport, or similar government issued identification. In the event of non-compliance by a Winner, such Winner, shall be disqualified and all privileges otherwise due as the Winner shall be terminated and an alternative Winner may, in OCPR’s sole discretion, be chosen from among all of the remaining eligible entries received. OCPR expressly reserves the right to delay the announcement of the Winners for any reason OCPR deems necessary.
10. General Terms: OCPR is not responsible if the Contest cannot take place, or if any prize cannot be awarded due to events outside of the reasonable control of OCPR. OCPR reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest or any part of the Contest.
Any violation of these Official Rules by a Winner will result in such Winner’s disqualification as a Winner of the Contest. Upon disqualification, all privileges as a Winner will be immediately terminated.
A Participant may only make one (1) entry.
All information provided by Participants may be subject to disclosure under the Michigan Freedom of Information Act, Court Order, or other rule of law.
In the event of a dispute over who submitted a winning online entry, the authorized subscriber of the Facebook account used to participate in the Contest at the actual time of entry, will be deemed to be the Participant. The authorized Facebook account subscriber is defined as the natural person who is assigned an account by Facebook. Proof to OCPR’s satisfaction of being the authorized account subscriber may be requested by OCPR.
OCPR reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entry and remove any entry from its Facebook page that it deems to be a violation of the Official Rules or that is not in keeping with OCPR’s image.
By submitting an entry in this Contest, Participant represents that: (1) he or she has the right to submit the entry; (2) all persons whose name or likeness that appear in the entry have unconditionally consented, in writing, to allow use of their name or likeness (a copy of such writing will be furnished to OCPR upon request); and (3) the entry does not infringe upon any third party’s proprietary rights, intellectual rights, or other rights.
11. Requests for Names of Winners and Rules: For a copy of the name of the Winner and/or a copy of the Official Rules check the OCPR Website at http://www.designationoakland.com or send a self-addressed stamped envelope to:
Meagan B. Shafto
Oakland County Parks and Recreation
2800 Watkins Lake Rd.
Waterford, MI 48328
12. Sponsored by: This Contest is sponsored by Oakland County Parks and Recreation Commission.