Red Oaks and Waterford Oaks waterparks were named to "2012 Top 10 Waterparks in Southeast Michigan" by Metro Parent Magazine.
Waterpark lifeguards have also earned the 2012 Golf International Aquatic Safety Award. This prestigious honor recognizes only the top 30% of lifeguards for exceeding the Ellis & Associates criteria for aquatic safety.
Kids enjoy the Soak Station, children's water playground with 68 features, including water jets, curtains and slides, plus bubbler jets and a six-foot tipping bucket; must be 56" or shorter and be accompanied by an adult. Or the Spray & Play, a water play area for toddlers, with 15 water jets and bubblers at zero depth. These are heated pools.
Grab a tube and float on the River Ride, a 990-foot long moving river. Other water park features include:
- Triple Turn, a triple-flume waterslide
Terrific Tides wave-action pool, so even when it's cloudy or windy, the water's just fine.
FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE AND SAFETY:
- FREE PARKING!
- Admission includes all-day use of features including tubes.
- Free tubes, tables, grills, deck chairs, based on availability, first-come first-served basis, may not be held
- Barrier-free access to wave pool
- Bathhouse with lockers, showers, bathrooms and changing areas
- Shelters available for reservation; group picnic areas can be reserved in advance
- Red Oaks Waterpark is a smoke-free and alcohol-free facility. Glass containers are not allowed.
- The bottom surfaces of the water features include sand particles for foot traction. Guests may wish to bring water shoes for small children, or those with sensitive feet.
- Group rates available for affiliated groups ONLY with advance reservations (at least five full business days in advance).
Waterparks are subject to capacity. When capacity is reached, no more tickets will be sold and only people who have purchased admission tickets from the park for that day will be admitted. If capacity is reached before 1:30 p.m., the Waterpark will reopen by 4:30 p.m.. If capacity is reached at or after 1:30 p.m., the Waterpark will not reopen for the day. Waterpark officials have the right to adjust these times to meet the needs of the facility and maintain optimal safety. Please call the waterpark hotline (248.858.0918) for updated capacity information.
The wave pool, river ride, and children's water playground (Soak Station and Big Bucket) are heated, so even when it's cloudy or windy, the water's just fine! The receiving pool for the waterslide is not heated.
MTESP certification requires the park to exceed requirements of environmental laws, protect water resources and enhance the maintenance of turfgrass and open spaces. See other ways the Oakland County Parks is