Red Oaks Waterpark opens May 25. Please see special early season hours at right.
Visitors traveling to Red Oaks Golf Course, Waterpark, Nature Center and Youth Soccer Complex may experience construction delays this summer. The repaving of John R from 11 Mile to Dartmouth, north of 12 Mile, begins at the end of April 2013 and should be completed by early August 2013 (weather permitting). Side streets will be closed alternately at John R for periods of construction, but alternative access to neighborhoods will be maintained. PHASE I will include the northbound lanes. PHASE II will include the southbound lanes.
Red Oaks and Waterford Oaks waterparks were named to "2012 Top 10 Waterparks in Southeast Michigan" by Metro Parent Magazine.
Waterpark lifeguards have also earned the 2012 Golf International Aquatic Safety Award. This prestigious honor recognizes only the top 30% of lifeguards for exceeding the Ellis & Associates criteria for aquatic safety.
Kids enjoy the Soak Station, children's water playground with 68 features, including water jets, curtains and slides, plus bubbler jets and a six-foot tipping bucket; must be 56" or shorter and be accompanied by an adult. Or the Spray & Play, a water play area for toddlers, with 15 water jets and bubblers at zero depth.
Grab a tube and float on the River Ride, a 990-foot long moving river. Other water park features include:
- Triple Turn, a triple-flume waterslide
- Terrific Tides wave-action pool. The pool is heated, so even when it's cloudy or windy, the water's just fine.
FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE AND SAFETY:
- FREE PARKING!
- Admission includes all-day use of features including tubes.
- Free tubes and deck chairs, based on availability, first-come first-served basis, tubes or chairs may not be held
- Barrier-free access to wave pool
- Bathhouse with lockers, showers, bathrooms and changing areas
- Picnic areas with tables and grills; concessions; group picnic areas can be reserved in advance
- Red Oaks Waterpark is a smoke-free and alcohol-free facility. Glass containers are not allowed.
- The bottom surfaces of the water features include sand particles for foot traction. Guests may wish to bring water shoes for small children, or those with sensitive feet.
- River Walk program offered (details coming soon)
- Group rates available for affiliated groups ONLY with advance reservations (at least five full business days in advance).
Waterparks are subject to capacity. When capacity is reached, no more tickets will be sold and only people who have purchased admission tickets from the park for that day will be admitted. If capacity is reached before 1:30 p.m., the Waterpark will reopen by 4:30 p.m.. If capacity is reached at or after 1:30 p.m., the Waterpark will not reopen for the day. Waterpark officials have the right to adjust these times to meet the needs of the facility and maintain optimal safety.
All pools are heated, so even when it's cloudy or windy, the water's just fine!