The waterparks have closed for the season. Thanks for a great summer! Waterpark information, including fees, dates and hours, will be updated in early spring. Please visit us again in 2014!
Red Oaks and Waterford Oaks waterparks were named to "2012 Top 10 Waterparks in Southeast Michigan" by Metro Parent Magazine.
Waterpark lifeguards have also earned the 2012 Golf International Aquatic Safety Award. This prestigious honor recognizes only the top 30% of lifeguards for exceeding the Ellis & Associates criteria for aquatic safety.
Tropical Wave Pool includes palm trees and near the "shore."
The Big Bucket children's water playground features more than 30 interactive activities including a giant tipping bucket, waterfalls and sprays. Participants must be 56" or shorter and accompanied by an adult.
Ragin' Rapids, a group raft ride starts at a height of three stories; carries riders 515 feet through drops and turns; and ends in a three-foot deep splash-down pool.
After entertaining guests for 28 years, Slidewinder, the dual flume waterslide at Waterford Oaks Waterpark, reached the end of its life cycle and was removed in 2011. Oakland County Parks and Recreation staff is evaluating options for a future new attraction that is entertaining for visitors and cost effective for the parks system.
FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE AND SAFETY:
- FREE PARKING!
- Admission includes all-day use of features including tubes.
- Free lounge chairs and tubes, based on availability. First-come, first-served basis; may not hold chairs or tubes.
- Barrier-free access to wave pool.
- Bathhouse with lockers, showers, bathrooms and changing areas.
- Picnic areas with tables and grills available for rent or on a first-come, first-served basis; concessions.
- Waterford Oaks Waterpark is a smoke-free and alcohol-free facility. Glass containers are not allowed.
- The bottom surfaces of the water features include sand particles for foot traction: guests may wish to bring water shoes for small children, or those with sensitive feet.
- Group rates available for affiliated groups ONLY with advance reservations (at least five full business days in advance).
Waterparks are subject to capacity. When capacity is reached, no more tickets will be sold and only people who have purchased admission tickets from the park for that day will be admitted. If capacity is reached before 1:30 p.m., the Waterpark will reopen by 4:30 p.m. If capacity is reached at or after 1:30 p.m., the Waterpark will not reopen for the day. Waterpark officials have the right to adjust these times to meet the needs of the facility and maintain optimal safety. Please call the waterpark hotline (248.858.0918) for updated capacity information.
All pools are heated, so even when it's cloudy or windy, the water's just fine!