Naturalist-guided services are available year-round for a nominal fee, to school and youth groups, preschoolers, homeschoolers, scouts, seniors, church organizations and more.
StarLab program may be requested too.
Note: Many program topics correlate with State GLCE's for Science Education.
FIVE STEPS TO A SUCCESSFUL FIELD TRIP:
1. Call the nature center during business hours to make an appointment:
- Lewis E. Wint Nature Center, Clarkston - 248-625-6473
2. Schedule appointments for one or more classes or groups.
Groups of 25-50 can be scheduled, based on naturalist availability.
3. Choose from three different appointment options.
- Nature Hike plus Talk and Exhibit Area Exploration combination
- Nature Talk
- Nature Hike
4. Choose your time.
Times may vary, depending on the option selected. The shortest program is 45 minutes; longer programs may last two hours. We will customize different program lengths as our schedule allows.
5. Choose your topic.
Sample program offerings are appropriate for suggested grade levels. Other topics an be presented.